BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I dropped my bike off to Morton's BMW recently to get some new treads. While there, I mentioned having the infamous "Noisy Rear Brakes", and inquired about pad compounds other than the factory pads. I was quite shocked at what was offered. Turns out there's a TSB indicating a different rear rotor that only has 5 rivet points instead of the original one that had more (sorry forgot to count the # on the original). They said it would be a warranty covered item (Less the pads). The bike otherwise, is still under Warranty, but never would have expected brake parts to be considered. I said...Sounds Great Let's do it. Got the bike back with the newer rotor and the original pads, as they were in very good shape. Aah....quiet brakes again. Matter of fact it's the first time ever having ridden a K1200LT without the noise from back there. What a difference.
Is this a well known fix? I've read recently about modifying Ducati pads to fit the LT, but has anyone else gone this route (The rotor) with good long-term results?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts