BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I did a north Georgia mountain run. At one of the fuel stops noticed that something was leaking. Was not sure if it was the final drive or rear brake. I thought it was more rear brake then final drive. I checked for play and any grinding noise, which I did not have.

Once we got to our rally point, some wrench heads, confirmed brake fluid. So for the rest of the trip, was less rear brake and every stop, wiped tire clean.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Looks like it might be the crossover tube at the bottom of your caliper. Could be loose or cracked. Might have taken a hit from some road debri. Clean it up and take a close look at it while someone presses the rear brake pedal. The leak might show then.........good luck......... :)

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some else stated that is where the problem might be. What does the crossover tube do??????

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
It allows the pressure to equalize and apply pistons on both sides of the caliper........... :)

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Parking lot wrenchhead stated there is an "O" ring, which can leak. True???

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
It's called a crush washer, and it's on the banjo bolt. They can only be used once (meaning, if you remove it, you must replace).

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the information, and I bet anybody, a drink of choice, that that is what it is.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Rear brake problem "up date"

I owe drinks. Rear drive seal. How lucky that she did not blow while on my trip this weekend.

Any how, fixed................:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts