BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put this in the Aussie section, but no comments so far and I need to do something... so reposting here..
-----------------------------
The EBC Kevlar rear pads I ordered from the UK via Ebay (cheap sellout of old stock) haven't arrived after 4 weeks...
So while I'm still waiting (or will get a refund)...

Anyone got an informed opinion they'd like to share on the following makes/types?
Clymers tells me organic is standard for the rear...

options (from inside Aus) seem to be:
BMW OEM from Procycles (local stealer) at $88.00 (yes for 1 set rears)
EBC sintered from Procycles $59.95
Ferodo organic from Slipstream Performance $35.40 + ship
Ferodo sintered from same mob $45.91 + ship
Goodridge Organic from Munich Motorcycles $35 + ship
Goodridge (sintered?) from Munich Motorcycles $44 + ship
or

Anyone heard of these Metalgear organic brake pads or know anything about them (they seem too cheap at $15.50 + ship)

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,534 Posts
Well Chris the stock ones were organic and I went through 3 sets and two stock rotors in 70K. Finally got a slightly used EBC rotor and put a set of EBC sintered on and the seem to be doing well. But I'll have to say the $15 organics can't be all bad. I would give them a try - they may not last long but they are cheap! If you do get then let us know how they do.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John... appreciate your feedback.
I've ordered a set of the Metalgear rear pads, should turn up next week so I'll see how they go.
I called the distributor and they reckon they are all German manufactured, they just sell cheap because they buy cheap in bulk....
Hope they last more than 1000km's without screwing the rotor.... :rolleyes:
I still have a couple of weeks left to be able to claim back on PayPal for the EBS if they don't turn up.

cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts