BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2005 k1200lt, I was doing the brake fluid flush on the rear reservoir to the abs brake port, I must pump and bleed two times and the pressure of the paddle when out no pressure at all the paddle goes straight down with no resistance, and I can't pump no more fluid, is not going down from back reservoir at all I'm confused I can't think what to do please I need some help if any of you had this problem please let me know how you fix this problem,thank you so much, ooooo no breaks liking in any lines, from the abs to the back tire no problem the problem is from reservoir to the master cylinder to the abs.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
This is really a 2-person job. One person operating the brake pedal and the second person opening and closing the bleed screws. You may already know this, but this is just in case you didn't. Keeping the drain lines on the bleed screws is a job in itself. It sounds as if you may have introduced air into the ABS unit since the brake pedal has no resistance. There is an order that the bleed screws need to be bled in. There are three of them for the front and three for the rear. The first one gets bled twice. First and last with the other two in between. I'm unsure of the proper order. John Zeiler @jzeiler is the EXPERT when it comes to the LT's braking systems. Being a new member, I don't know if you can message (called Conversations) him. He checks in here regularly, so I feel he'll see this and reply soon.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,663 Posts
Yes if you changed out line that can be a tough circuit to bleed. Make sure the MC rod has some play or it will not suck fluid from the reservoir. You may have a bubble in the line from the reservoir to the MC, you will have to remove the one time hose clamp to make sure fluid is there. You can replace it with a screw type clamp. Make sure you have fluid going to the MC then just keep working it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much I'm going to try out this method with the MC see if works thank you so much guys I'll keep posting

1 - 4 of 4 Posts