BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I've looked everywhere, or I thought I did, for info on the rear disk and the rattle that they can make on the LT. I have an 03 and I know I read about it somewhere on the site but I can't seem to find it now when I need more info. Someone wrote about it failing while they were on a trip.
Any ideas. This rattling at low speed is driving me nuts and I think I'll have to finally fix it.

Keith

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
keith41902 said:
Hi guys,
I've looked everywhere, or I thought I did, for info on the rear disk and the rattle that they can make on the LT. I have an 03 and I know I read about it somewhere on the site but I can't seem to find it now when I need more info. Someone wrote about it failing while they were on a trip.
Any ideas. This rattling at low speed is driving me nuts and I think I'll have to finally fix it.

Keith
Here is a post about it and you can read thru the total thread for interesting information. Good luck.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,351 Posts
The one that failed on a trip was the new style five rivet version BMW came out with to eliminate the squeal. All five rivets sheared off. The old style has 8 or 10 (I can't remember). If it is really rattling also check the thickness as I have worn one out in about 50 K (at least it was close to the limit of 6.5mm or 0.2559 in ). Best to just get an EBC replacement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts