BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Outside of some cosmetic work that Randi will finish the Dragon lives and rides!

·
IBR# 366
16,551 Posts
Beautiful work there. It's gonna be a big hit at CCR.

So, does that mean that you now have an empty lift available? I got a couple of projects that need doing . . . :D

·
Registered
279 Posts
8 months and $8K later, The Dragon is finally back together except for the trunk door (having a mural painted on it). My deepest thanks and appreciation to ErnieA, for an excellent job in re-building The Dragon from the ground up. I did tweak the colors here and there, add some embroidery, LED lights and powder coating but everything mechanical was done by Ernie. We had some set backs. We laughed, we cried, we cursed, but I can honestly say you can't find a better mechanic on the LT. There isn't one problem that Ernie couldn't solve through a little research and trial & error. We both learned so much. We certainly had our set backs, both with the bike and in our personal lives. It would have been easy for Ernie to just back off and let things slide, especially after the recent death of his father. But Ernie's not built that way. Ernie and I have built a friendship over the last year that I hope will prevail for many years to come. I would foolish not to add what a fantastic wife Ernie has. She has been a gracious host for many lunches during the re-build. She never complained about the amount of time I took Ernie away from her or at least not to me. Thank you, thank you, thank you Ernie & Pauline. You are the best!

·
Registered
37 Posts
GoldenDragon said:
8 months and $8K later, The Dragon is finally back together except for the trunk door (having a mural painted on it). My deepest thanks and appreciation to ErnieA, for an excellent job in re-building The Dragon from the ground up. I did tweak the colors here and there, add some embroidery, LED lights and powder coating but everything mechanical was done by Ernie. We had some set backs. We laughed, we cried, we cursed, but I can honestly say you can't find a better mechanic on the LT. There isn't one problem that Ernie couldn't solve through a little research and trial & error. We both learned so much. We certainly had our set backs, both with the bike and in our personal lives. It would have been easy for Ernie to just back off and let things slide, especially after the recent death of his father. But Ernie's not built that way. Ernie and I have built a friendship over the last year that I hope will prevail for many years to come. I would foolish not to add what a fantastic wife Ernie has. She has been a gracious host for many lunches during the re-build. She never complained about the amount of time I took Ernie away from her or at least not to me. Thank you, thank you, thank you Ernie & Pauline. You are the best!
+1
Mo

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
If you are ever in my neck of the woods I would know it right away.
That's a fine job and a very uniquely looking color scheme. I bet it is a head turner and a picture grabber. Just stay in front of me so I won't have to be distracted.
Great job Ernie, Randi and all involved. I wonder what's next.
ride safe :bmw:

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
meese said:
Beautiful work there. It's gonna be a big hit at CCR.

So, does that mean that you now have an empty lift available? I got a couple of projects that need doing . . . :D
I do now! Come on up. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts