BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just flushed the brakes and clutch on my bike and I found I had a lot water in the rubber behind the clutch cover which I had the ram mount on I see that them little rubber spacers that ram gives you to put between thier mount and the clutch cover will break down and will let water in I had this a mount about 3 years

·
Premium Member
7,646 Posts
I just flushed the brakes and clutch on my bike and I found I had a lot water in the rubber behind the clutch cover which I had the ram mount on I see that them little rubber spacers that ram gives you to put between thier mount and the clutch cover will break down and will let water in I had this a mount about 3 years
I had the same problem with my CB mount. I now put a small dab of silicon gasket make between the cover and mount before inserting the screws. I then put a dab on the screw threads above the mount to seal the top. Inconvenient, but works. I will never again mount anything to the brake or clutch cover. That is just a stupid idea in retrospect.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the same problem with my CB mount. I now put a small dab of silicon gasket make between the cover and mount before inserting the screws. I then put a dab on the screw threads above the mount to seal the top. Inconvenient, but works. I will never again mount anything to the brake or clutch cover. That is just a stupid idea in retrospect.
I just took the mount off and put the original screws back in never will hang one like that again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts