BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had the top case off and was considering leaving it off except for two-up trips. I was wondering if anyone had had any ISSUES WITH WATER getting into anthing under that black panel. Like some others, I've removed the canister and placed a switched fuse box in its place along with a hidden antenna.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
You shouldn't have any problems with this setup in the rain; The black panel seals that area pretty well. If not already done, a good preventive measure for the fuse box would be to get a waterproof box like a Pelican 1050 and mount it in there.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
paulcbrowne said:
I have had the top case off and was considering leaving it off except for two-up trips. I was wondering if anyone had had any ISSUES WITH WATER getting into anthing under that black panel. Like some others, I've removed the canister and placed a switched fuse box in its place along with a hidden antenna.
Paul, its no less waterproof without the case as with... Mine has been "trunkless" for years now with no ill affects.

·
Registered
13 Posts
pics of trunkless LT?

Been looking for some pictures of an LT without the trunk. Maybe I've been searching in the wrong place/words. Anyone have any pics?

Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Top Box

Look on the second page of this forum to a thread titled, "Removed Top Box".

Couple of pics there. Gives the LT an interesting look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts