BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi just joined and just bought a 1999 lt but i need a rain cover and im unsure of the the size to buy or where to start looking some advise would be gratefull thanks

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Any touring bike cover will work.

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
ez touring
small, light,had on for 5 years on my RT, three years on my LT..............
(great for traveling)

·
Registered
90 Posts
I would recommend the Dowco Guardian motorcycle cover, XXL. I have been using Dowco covers since I bought my LT in 2002. My first cover lasted 3 years (I ride my bike to work every day and cover it all the time in the parking lot) before it finally began tearing easily. I contacted Dowco to find out the replacement cover as the model I originally bought had been discontinued. The Dowco rep told me that their covers had a lifetime warranty, to send in the old cover, and if it was as I described, it would be replaced at no charge under warranty. All I had to pay was for shipping to Dowco. Got the replacement cover, used it for a little over a year and it started ripping. Contacted Dowco again, returned it and received another under warranty. I've tried other covers and once the sun makes them tear easily I've had to buy another as they had no warranty.

·
Registered
18 Posts
bike cover

What do you guys with covers do about the antenna. Does the cover have a hole for it..................

·
Registered
62 Posts
Dock said:
What do you guys with covers do about the antenna. Does the cover have a hole for it..................
The well-placed tip of a hot soldering pencil solves that problem nicely...:thumb:

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
midnitejaz said:
The well-placed tip of a hot soldering pencil solves that problem nicely...:thumb:
Plus, a leetle snap-together grommet from a big box store will keep the hole nice and neat and easy to locate.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have had several different covers on several different bikes...including Nelson Rigg covers on some smaller bikes. Might be expensive...but if you are looking for a cover for home use........I love the BMW cover....Had one that lasted 4 years in daily use in the elements.....winter and summer...loved it.

·
Super Moderator
1,401 Posts
Wally

Was on a trip to Boston last week and Walmart yielded a $19.99 cover - the XL model that is impressive . . . :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts