BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading through several of these forums, it appears that the radio unit on my 05 KLT is failing. Similar to other owners, 20 seconds after starting a ride, my right side speakers fail. After that, they randomly might pop back on for a few seconds, but other than that they are useless. Since this is a consistent theme, I've ruled out the loose wire theory.

However, whats curious is that I have the Voice 2 package installed, and when I plug in the helmet speakers, I hear audio (stereo sound) from both sides. If output from the radio was failing, wouldn't it affect the headset as well? If any one has any experience with this, I would appreciate any input. If my radio has failed, I need to weigh all my options.

Thanks!

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,420 Posts
Think of the input to the VOICE intercom as coming from an AUX output of the radio. It will always be there even if the speaker amps fail. That guy over in the UK has a cheaper fix that will last a lot longer as he replaces the ball grid array amps with a more robust unit but it then needs the space where the single CD drive is for the heat sink. Think his cost was about $100 plus all the shipping.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts