BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Loose, oxidized, or corroded connection? When the volume is cranked up there may be enough power to overcome the slight resistance created, but at lower volumes it may be affecting them.

John

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
This is probably not the best recommendation, but it's been around for a long time now. Give the stingray roundel a firm "bump" with the side or your fist. Worked for me until I had the stingray off and cleaned up the connections.

HTH,
Jer

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is probably not the best recommendation, but it's been around for a long time now. Give the stingray roundel a firm "bump" with the side or your fist. Worked for me until I had the stingray off and cleaned up the connections.

HTH,
Jer

What the hell is the stingray roundel?????

LOL

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Yeah, I guess I've been reading this forum for too long. Starting to talk in LT. Never thought it would happen. :rolleyes:
The plastic that holds the radio is the stingray (think of the fish and how the plastic is shaped) and the roundel is the BMW badge. In this case it's the little BMW badge on the plastic that holds the radio. Just give it a firm bump with the side of your fist. YMMV.
Much easier to call it the stingray roundel.

HTH,
Jer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.