BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can fix the radio for you

The most common problem encountered with the BMW K1200LT radio, is the Integrated Circuit Amplifiers failure that causes one or more speaker to stop functioning, or fading.
This could happen permanently, or after few seconds.
The number of speakers that goes off is random.
If it's what you are encountering, this is fully fixable, and the method consists of taking the original amplifiers off the radio motherboard, and installing my custom 4x35W - 4x40w maxi amplifier module.
Note that the original output power is 15-20W, after the repair, you are running 35W-40W.
The CD player stays in the radio after repair.

I am fixing these radio since 2012, and I'm pretty comfortable doing that work.

Options are also available
Bluetooth device
Cable (type Jack 3.5mm - 1/8-inch) for Cellphone, Mp3 player, or Ipod

Feel free to contact me if you have any question.

[email protected]

Have a good day

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Wished i would have known 5 years ago when i had to send mine to carphonics in the UK. He did a great job. But like i said. He's in England. But. Great to know you fix these, should i need radio work done again.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I have an 05 LT and my right front and left rear speakers have stopped working. I live in Australia, do you accept jobs from overseas?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, It would have been a pleasure! I tried years ago to contact the UK guy who fix the radio too, but he unfortunately he never answered.
But I heard that he is doing a good job.
Have a great day!:wave

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have an 05 LT and my right front and left rear speakers have stopped working. I live in South Africa, do you accept jobs from Africa?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, Yes I do the repair for anyone who need it, it will cost you a little bit more because of the shipping cost.
Please email me to [email protected] .
I will let you know how much the repair will cost you.
Have a great day

·
Registered
600 Posts
I have an 05 LT and my right front and left rear speakers have stopped working. I live in South Africa, do you accept jobs from Africa?
That's exactly what I just wrote except I live in Australia. What is it with 05 LT's and right front left rear failure.:frown:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Hi, Yes I do the repair for anyone who need it, it will cost you a little bit more because of the shipping cost.
Please email me to [email protected] .
I will let you know how much the repair will cost you.
Have a great day
So ball park figure. excluding any shipping costs what is your average charge for this repair and what kind of turn around time on average are we looking at.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wished i would have known 5 years ago when i had to send mine to carphonics in the UK. He did a great job. But like i said. He's in England. But. Great to know you fix these, should i need radio work done again.
Baris was his name! The UK guy! the cost of his work matches mine, but the Bluetooth or mp3 cable option cost much more!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Yep. Baris i know. Well. Great to know your the option stateside.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep. Baris i know. Well. Great to know your the option stateside.
I have a question for you, I see you are a Senior member, what did you do for that? I joined the site in 2012 and still a junior member! not a big deal I know, but I'm just curious...:serious:

·
Premium Member
7,622 Posts
I have a question for you, I see you are a Senior member, what did you do for that? I joined the site in 2012 and still a junior member! not a big deal I know, but I'm just curious...:serious:
I think it is based on post count.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Gotta agree with Voyager. Gotta be post count. I didn't do anything for senior membership.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Add me to the list of 05's with speaker issues. Both of my fronts and 1 rear are out. I figured I would just have to always wear a helmet to listen to music. I will be emailing you today to see if it's worth fixing.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts