BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all;

I had a few posts about my sound dying on the radio. I did everything you fine folks have suggested to no avail. Im waiting for a response from Becker.
I have seen alot of posts about installing Xm radio. Has anyone installed just a nice standard receiver from BestBuy or where ever? If so. Can it be wired to your handlebar controls? Something like a Alpine would be nice.

Zeke

·
Registered
361 Posts
What year is the bike?

Zeke said:
Hey all;

I had a few posts about my sound dying on the radio. I did everything you fine folks have suggested to no avail. Im waiting for a response from Becker.
I have found Becker to be uninterested. All I got from them was a list of dealers. Their dealers were unable to help because of BMWs gagging. So I dealt with my own issue (and got the frying noises back because I didn't squeeze the connectors up adequately! I bought a CD hea which was for the post 2003 bikes an not suitable for mine. So I got the Connect2 interface an now run the cassette head into a Sony minidisc changer.

As a result, I have a new CD hea for sale, together with an aux in cable shoul you be intereste an have a compatible bike..

Apologies for the lack of D in the text. I ha my classic car caught in the floods on Friay which will probably write it off. Whilst pushing the car, I looked down to see my laptop case floating :mad:

I drie it out with a hair dryer but didn't realise how little warmth was required to melt the keytops. I am also connecte to an external monitor as the laptop one has no backlight now.

Anyone have a keyboard or isplay for Acer Travelmate 290 series please?

Attachments

·
Registered
353 Posts
Ajlelectronics said:
I have found Becker to be uninterested. All I got from them was a list of dealers. Their dealers were unable to help because of BMWs gagging. So I dealt with my own issue (and got the frying noises back because I didn't squeeze the connectors up adequately! I bought a CD hea which was for the post 2003 bikes an not suitable for mine. So I got the Connect2 interface an now run the cassette head into a Sony minidisc changer.

As a result, I have a new CD hea for sale, together with an aux in cable shoul you be intereste an have a compatible bike..

Apologies for the lack of D in the text. I ha my classic car caught in the floods on Friay which will probably write it off. Whilst pushing the car, I looked down to see my laptop case floating :mad:

I drie it out with a hair dryer but didn't realise how little warmth was required to melt the keytops. I am also connecte to an external monitor as the laptop one has no backlight now.

Anyone have a keyboard or isplay for Acer Travelmate 290 series please?
I saw on the news here that you are getting a lot of the wet stuff. Over a months worth of rain in a few hours it said. Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts