BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday on the way to work I shut the bike off to fuel. When I restarted the bike I got no response from the CD/Radio, got a "No Radio" message. Then eventually the radio window went dark. When I got home I read through the HOW and found threads with similar symptoms. Took the HOW advice and disconnected the battery to attempt a reset. While I had it disconnected I removed the battery and took Dick's advice. I cleaned the battery, topped off the cells with distiiled water and put the charger on it. When all done and reassembled tested the radio and all is well again. Anybody figure out why this works. How often has it occured to the same person? Great info in the HOW thanks.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sounds like something akin to cold booting your computer, Perhaps some microprocessor gets confused and needs to be rebooted. Hasnt happened to me yet so just my .02.

·
Registered
558 Posts
It hasn't happened to me but I have seen many others having similar problems. At least there is a cure for many people-hopefully if it happens to me I will be one.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Fred's right to a certain extent. I'm just hoping that you won't see the "No Radio" message in the near future. I did. And the only thing that fixed it was to clean all the contacts and use dielectric grease on every connector I could get my hands on. Did that last winter when I totally rewired every gadget on my '02. Didn't see that error message again all last riding season.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts