BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My LT stereo is working fine, however they are prone to problems and on my last LT I had to change the head unit for a replacement. I therefore have a spare 9busted) head unit here. I was wondering if anybody had yet come up with a "fix" for the standard LT unit? (and yes, I know there are other/better units out there)
Anybody know?
Thanks
Simon

·
Premium Member
3,138 Posts
If someone would just come up with the plug to wire the hand controls I would feel better.

You know like Crutch Field, you order a Sony for a Dodge the send you the plug, and you wire it to the head units leads.

There was a guy who made for HD that you got the plug and all hand controls worked. I contacted him and he does not do BMW.

When mine goes I will go get a XM/USB/IPod mid priced Sony 250-300 and install it and call it a day. I use Ipod or XM anyway so I can make do. They all come with a remote these days if you really need one.

The 150 Sony in the Road Glide is still going no issues since 05. I rode it in a LOT of rain, as the new owner has and not a lick of problems.

As with other OEM items it is easy to go cheap on the radio quality.

·
Registered
255 Posts
talked to becker 2 weeks ago. They said if the radio has the cassette they can fix that type.Which of course is the older LT's.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,989 Posts
Becker fixed mine with the CD over a year ago. They replaced the main board for about $ 300. All four speakers still work fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Saddleman,
I just started having problems with the speakers on my 03 lt. I only have one working now. Is this a common problem and what is the suggested fix if you know.
Thanks,
Rosewood

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,256 Posts
The reason they have to replace the main board is the output chips are ball-grid array and are not field (or shop) replaceable. In the old days we would just replace the chips but not with todays manufacturing methods. That is why they just replace the entire board.

·
Registered
2 Posts
saddleman said:
Becker fixed mine with the CD over a year ago. They replaced the main board for about $ 300. All four speakers still work fine.
I have the same problem with my 03 LT. I now have only one speaker. I have taken off the top cover and unplugged the outlets. During the replugging the speakers will work for only a few seconds. Where did you get your radio repaired? Please let me know. Daniel Lawson 812 661-2440 or [email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts