BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my new LT has just the factory cassette in the tank, no CD changer. It also has a Star Comm 1 system. With the Star Comm I can listen to my music trough the helmet speakers and it is great. I have thousands of MP3's and no cassettes. I love the little cubby hole and wish it was bigger. Has anyone just removed the radio head unit and used the space for other things?
This is such a handy spot for things like my wallet, car keys, sun glasses etc, but it is currently too small.
Has anyone done this? BTW, my radio does not work anyway, even if it did, I only listen to MP3's.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
Yep - several folks have done that. Check a thread or two listed below your thread. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Yup. Then removed the front speakers, cut the plastic lattice work for 100% opening, cut tabs on speaker grill so that it is removable.
Bob

·
Registered
243 Posts
I did the same thing. My radio no longer worked so I took it out. It makes for a great storage area. I did however left my speakers in. If like you I want to listen to music, I just plug my MP3 into my ears and I have all I need. I also took the antenna of the bike so I have a nice clean look and the cover goes on without the antenna in the way.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I assume the cassette is similar to the CD, here's a post where I put some of my pics. I wouldn't have it any other way. I use the space 100% of the time, flashlight, tire gauge, cell phone, mp3, sunglasses or prescript glass plus readers, sidestand plate, anon book, heated clothing controller, sunblock, knife, etc. Can even put a small semi-auto in it if I take out the anon book.

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84121

·
Registered
20 Posts
Did my radio removal a few months back. I carry the billfold, cell phone, a 8 shot protector device, Ibuprophen, sunglasses, ear plugs, water bottle, the list goes on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts