BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 3 connectors under stingray all seem to be connected to radio.

I'm removing my radio and would like to know function of connectors and can I remove them also if not using radio or replacement etc.

I have all headlights and dash functions when I turn key on as far as I can tell with connectors unhooked.

Anyone removed radio or this harness before?

I would like to remove harness part hooked to radio with radio removal.

Thanks
Mick

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I decided to just fold harness part from back of radio and tape into small bundle.
I love the big glove box I have now. It's just me...I never liked radios on motorcycles and wanted to use the space better.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
MickS said:
I decided to just fold harness part from back of radio and tape into small bundle.
I love the big glove box I have now. It's just me...I never liked radios on motorcycles and wanted to use the space better.
Would be nice if someone made a stingray without the cutout for the radio head.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Chockkicker said:
I removed everything that had anything to do with radio/CD/CB from my 2000 LT bike with no problems.
What did you do about the hole in the stingray cover where the radio control unit was?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know what Chockkiker did but I left controls in place and just unplugged connector and harness right behind control panel.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
MickS said:
I don't know what Chockkiker did but I left controls in place and just unplugged connector and harness right behind control panel.
That's what I thought, until I read his post.

Would you remove the controls if you could get a stingray cover without the cutout for the controls? Ever hear of such a beastie?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
deputy5211 said:
That's what I thought, until I read his post.

Would you remove the controls if you could get a stingray cover without the cutout for the controls? Ever hear of such a beastie?
No never heard of one.
May not be worth the trouble and price since controls don't take up much room like the radio unit does.
As an option when buying I'd be for since I never want a radio but don't think that will happen.

·
Registered
153 Posts
MickS said:
So far I have not found anything to fill the hole left by radio control box, I did fill all the wiring harness holes with Epoxy and by plastic welding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts