BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Radio has become stuck on one station and will not mute, switch between CD/Cassette or control volume. Anyone gone through this?
I recently replaced the 6-Disc with the Ipod Connection but thats the only modification made. I'm going to remove and clean all the connections but thought I'd check the Wisdom of the Site first.

Sam

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,924 Posts
Think of it as a locked up computer (which it is) and force a hard reboot. Undo the battery negative terminal for 15-20 minutes and reconnect. Key on roll the throttle to full and back twice (TPS rest with the ECU) then start and see if it did the trick.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I had a problem with the passenger controls getting stuck in one position. You might check there also. Make sure the rocker switch is centered. Mine was stuck in volume up and just about killed my ears!!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unhooked the battery over night, didn't do the trick.
My next step is try cleaning the connections.
Remove the Tupperware, Hut.

Sam

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
unhooked the + & - . put them together for a few min. that will discharge anything in the loop. should (maybe not) do the trick... Easy enough to try, right?

·
Registered
676 Posts
What about uninstalling the ipod connection, then trying the reboot trick and see if that fixes it? May have gotten moisture in the radio also..

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unhoked the battery, overnight. Unhooked the Ipod connection. Dismanteled everything and took it to the dealer to run diagnostic.
Dealer wants the whole bike (so they can take 4 hours labor doing what I had done), No Joy.
Looks like Im in the market for a bluetooth helmet or device that I can use my phone with.

Sam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts