BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I bought a 2002 LTE a couple of months ago and am having difficulty operating the radio. I cannot seem to locate the right button to switch from external speakers to the speaker headset I installed from J&M. I have tried every button including speaker on/off and adjusting the speaker button on the handlebar. I have read the accessory manual for the radio and cannot figure out the darn thing.

I have been able to have the music come out the speakers and also had it running through the headset speakers with intercom use between my wife and I. However, this morning I could not get the music to play through the external speakers or headset on my way to work. I hope their is not something wrong with the radio and just a dumb operator.

Any advice/input would be much appreciated.

Feeling dumb in Texas

James
2002 LTE Titan Silver

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Assuming you have the same com system I do the button you're looking for is on the left side inside the "stingray" cover oddments box

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Radio problem solved

Hans, the button you referred me to was the right one! Problem solved.

Many thanks!

James
2002 LTE Titan Silver

·
Registered
284 Posts
button

i just wish mine had a button....

i like to jam out but in town i prefer the sound comin through the headset and not out of the speakers so that everyone else has to enjoy whatever i may be jammin to....

near as i can tell though....my 99 doesnt have a way to turn the external speakers off.......

if thats as bad as it gets though..........i can survive

:)

kip
99 LT

·
Registered
16 Posts
comm system 1

I just went through a Comm system transformation! I have a 2000 LT with the Old Comm system 1.. ( only on know and no button to turn off the external speakers) I purchased a NEW Comm system that supports a CB and Nav system as well as an external speaker shut off button. It works great..It was not cheap.. I have seen them for @ $920.00 plus shipping - but in the end my CB works great,the Nav system feeds into the sound system ( Helmet only) and I can shut off the external speaker.. Did the work my shelf to save some money... Love it..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts