BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my dilemma I have a BMW K1200LT 2005, with a Becker professional radio/CD. I had some problems with the radio and had it repair at the Becker Auto Sound Shop in NJ. They installed a new mother board with the proper program. Now I can hear a radio station but I have no control in changing either the radio station or the volume- it does not response, also the radio shutoff after 20 t0 25 seconds after is turn on. Can anyone give me an advice? At this point I’m at lost, I have trace all wires and check all harnesses and seems to be OK. :confused:

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,341 Posts
Sounds like they did not fix it or just introduced a new problem. One thing you can try is to force a hard re-boot of the radio. Disconnect the battery for 10-20 minutes them re-connect. That has been known to re-set the radio and sometimes fixes a glitch like yours.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This sounds exactly the same as the faults on my radio.Had the radio/CD unit repaired and tested by Baris ,so I'm suspecting the display/button unit on the tank, but I'll try to re-boot
as this would be easier than removing all the Tupperware again.
Does the radio need to be switched on when you disconnect the battery prior to re-boot?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,341 Posts
martinswad said:
Does the radio need to be switched on when you disconnect the battery prior to re-boot?
No it does not. There is unswitched power to the radio all the time that is why you disconnect the battery lead.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That didn't work :mad: :mad:
Back to the drawing board, and the search to find the elusive display/control unit for a reasonable price :histerica

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Have you contacted Becker for support on their recent repair?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Finally found a control unit at a reasonable price, had the Tupperware party and .......

IT WORKS!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

The supplier, Dave at Freedom Trikes, Sheffield, UK has at least one more plus loads of LT spares. He's listing on ebay at the moment so maybe worth a look.

·
Miles of Smiles
1,055 Posts
Glad to hear you solved the problem.

I had a similar issue once. Erratic channel selection and volume control.
Chased it down to a missing pin in one of the connectors under the stingray.
Replaced with a fine needle and all was well again.
I have been using a dielectric grease from day one.

Enjoy the tunes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts