BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a problem with my radio. No sound from some speakers and eventually no sound at all. Now fixed. Amplifier was blown. Sent it to the guy in the UK listed in eBay below. £119 including return postage. I also paid an extra £30 to get Bluetooth installed in the radio. I can now play music via Bluetooth from my phone. Great job and very quick turnaround.

Enter this into the search window of eBay.co.uk.

MOTORCYCLE BMW PROFESSIONAL 2000 Audiosystem ECE K1200LT BACKER CD Repair & AUX
professional improved repair job life time guarantee

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I had mine done by Baris. I Don't regret it. Worth the $$$.And those who need repair.Type in Carphonics.com

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just received my repaired Radio from Baris in the UK. Great job, sounds better than new. If your K 1200 LT, Becker 2000 Pro is losing channels (speaker sound), I would recommend this repair.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Kudos on Baris in UK also.

I spent a few hours on June 28th taking the bike apart to get the radio out. I called Baris on the 21st told him what the problem was left channels out and battery drain (apparently you can have a battery drain through bad amps).
I shipped the unit to him on the 29th and I received the unit back today July 16th. I plugged the unit in to make sure and voila it works like a charm. All functions work.

good luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for addressing this issue - I've been without my audio for some time now.

I tried to find a repair shop in the US to no avail. I did find the UK repair guy - Sound-Secure- at:

Motorcycle BMW Professional 2000 Audiosystem ECE K1200LT Backer CD Repair Aux | eBay

this is the link that Mark Maloney (this thread) suggested - thanks Mark. Also, their ad is great, lifetime guarantee and they seem to really understand the issue with the LT audio system.

The problem is that their ebay account says they don't ship to the US. I emailed them to see if I could overcome this problem and are awaiting a reply.

I've seen the posts saying that Baris did their job and you guys seem very happy with the work....who is Baris? I can't find him anywhere and I've searched. is he the guy at Sound-Secure (the link above) or another guy at another shop?

if someone can send contact information that would be great.

Thanks guys, hoping to hear some lovely music again soon.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts