BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 K1200LT.

I haven'.t ridden it in about 5 months, took her out today and turned on the radio unit. Got "NO RADIO" flashing for about 20 seconds, when I hit the on/off button to turn it off, the display showed " |X| |X| |X| |X| |X|" even after shut-off. Turned the bike off, waited, turned on again, same thing.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts
Pete,
Did you try the battery disconnect procedure?

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will give that a try this weekend (including resetting the throttle position sensor).

In reading past threads on this, it seems exposure to water is the common element, mine has been in my garage for months on a battery tender, so that's odd.

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts
Any resolution of the problem? :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
If you want to come by, we can strip her down, clean the contacts, put some dielectric on 'em, and see if that works. Making sure the control head is dry is also good. If you can get to it, remove it from stingray and pack in Ziploc full of plain white rice for a week or so. Have successfully used this method on a variety of electronics.

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, Tony.

Disconnected the battery for a couple hours, re-connected, and.......

NO RADIO.

I don't think it's water, as I haven't ridden in the rain or anything for months. I'll take a hairdryer on low to it and try the disconnect again, see if that helps.

Fortunately I usually listen to headphones and not the stereo system, but this will drag down the resale value when I sell her.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Unless you put in a Jensen or other replacement, perhaps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts