BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
k12oolt radio dead replacement

having looked at this forum i new this was going to be fun. To start with button unit shorted out? no leaks just smoked up window and died, before this tape player had died too,so needed to replace both the dealer as helpful as a cold said thats it then new bike?? time to think outside box looked to see forum, others had replaced with sony units and axxess box seemed the way to go. So off on a mission i got them and started three weeks of hours of fun to get this to work. maybe if my bike was a little bit younger things may have been beter its a k1200lt of 1999 that was stored outside in english weather for the most of its early life. little things like switches that had gone high resistance that needed cleaning and one open circuit, replaced switch with one from p.c. then cleaned others made up resistance ladder as others had done and hoped this would work, but no axxess box didn,t see sony unit had to update and force it to sony with usb lead and p.c., now many leads many colours and only help from forum in the end used earth lead to frame at seat hinge and green white lead to ladder and pink to mute switch after many trys i now have it working !!! handle bar controls both ends and 8 buttons on dead unit to switch on/off and cd / usb /bluetooth music / phone calls many thanks to all who posted all the imfo and drawings

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: k12oolt radio dead replacement

having looked at this forum i new this was going to be fun. To start with button unit shorted out? no leaks just smoked up window and died, before this tape player had died too,so needed to replace both the dealer as helpful as a cold said thats it then new bike?? time to think outside box looked to see forum, others had replaced with sony units and axxess box seemed the way to go. So off on a mission i got them and started three weeks of hours of fun to get this to work. maybe if my bike was a little bit younger things may have been beter its a k1200lt of 1999 that was stored outside in english weather for the most of its early life. little things like switches that had gone high resistance that needed cleaning and one open circuit, replaced switch with one from p.c. then cleaned others made up resistance ladder as others had done and hoped this would work, but no axxess box didn,t see sony unit had to update and force it to sony with usb lead and p.c., now many leads many colours and only help from forum in the end used earth lead to frame at seat hinge and green white lead to ladder and pink to mute switch after many trys i now have it working !!! handle bar controls both ends and 8 buttons on dead unit to switch on/off and cd / usb /bluetooth music / phone calls many thanks to all who posted all the imfo and drawings
sorry had to retitle this not to upset the cowboys out their at bmw!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts