BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's ya some history! Did a 12k service, back checked all fluids, elec connections and so on, buttoned every thing up and went on a shake-down ride. This is the first time something went wrong after 75k miles of service @ home. All good to go but no radio, got home and removed the left body work and re-checked connections and all looks good, checked fuses too. I've got my RCP class next week up in Irving, Tx. and sure would like some tunes. Anybody have a clue on what's up.

Thanks,
Rene

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
rd_gonz said:
Here's ya some history! Did a 12k service, back checked all fluids, elec connections and so on, buttoned every thing up and went on a shake-down ride. This is the first time something went wrong after 75k miles of service @ home. All good to go but no radio, got home and removed the left body work and re-checked connections and all looks good, checked fuses too. I've got my RCP class next week up in Irving, Tx. and sure would like some tunes. Anybody have a clue on what's up.

Thanks,
Rene
Hey, Rene - I've never had to do this, butt I hear that it works 'most' of the time. Disconnect the battery for a bit - hour or so maybe - and hook her back up; do the throttle sensor re-set procedure and the radio should fire up again. If it doesn't work, drop in at BMW of N.Houston and buy a new one - LT I mean!!! :D :bmw: :D

·
Registered
749 Posts
Had the same thing happen..I cleaned the connectors and put in some of that grease that ya use on electonic connections and I am back listenin' to Willie and Waylon and the Boys!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found it! As it turned out, I went back through to check to see if a pin had gotten bent and the connector had not pushed in all the way. Apparently as I was pushing the connection together, I actually pushed hard enough to push receiving connector slightly back and by side never made contact.

Moral of the story? Dint push so hard!

Thanks Guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts