BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the last 200 miles of a 1700 mile tip this weekend I developed an electronic buzz or static that I can hear in the radio at around 3000 RPM's.. It is very load and comes back for a few seconds at higher RPM's I know this does not give y'all a lot of info but I'm sure someone has had this happen to them and will help me out.

·
8,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
katnapinn said:
On the last 200 miles of a 1700 mile tip this weekend I developed an electronic buzz or static that I can hear in the radio at around 3000 RPM's.. It is very load and comes back for a few seconds at higher RPM's I know this does not give y'all a lot of info but I'm sure someone has had this happen to them and will help me out.
Ok I got no feed back on this thread soooooo I'll try again . It is static in the radio at 2700 to 3000 RPM's I have rewired all the farkles to a NEW BlueSea fuse block (Thanks Chan and this forum) I disconnected ALL electronics and I still get the noise !!!! Could it be that the noise is in the Radio itself? I've searched the forum with no luck on this type of problem. PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Thru the stock speakers or a headset-helmet speakers?

I remember reading about noise in the LT sound system a few years ago? 05 model?

Griff built an electronic isolating blue box that didn't solve the problem?

Bob

·
Registered
269 Posts
I Have the same (or similar) problem with the radio on my 2005 LT. It is most noticable whem listening through the speakers in my helmet. I sounds like spark noise because it varys with engine speed.

I've been through the wiring, checked all the grounds and connections and can't get rid of it. My dealer says he's had the same thing happen to other '05 LTs and has never found the solution.

I started wearing foam ear plugs and to my surprise the filtered out the buzz but not the music, so that's my el cheapo solution.

·
8,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BecketMa said:
Thru the stock speakers or a headset-helmet speakers?

I remember reading about noise in the LT sound system a few years ago? 05 model?

Griff built an electronic isolating blue box that didn't solve the problem?

Bob
Bob it is thru the headset. I have not tried it thru the bike's speakers.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
katnappin,

I presume you did not change headsets or com systems? If so messenger13 pointed me towards a noise isolation device from radio shak. I would have to do some searching to find the model number but not sure if this would solve your problem since it sounds like system worked fine for awhile.

possibly PM messy13 and pick his brain.

Roy

·
8,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bigbear said:
katnappin,

I presume you did not change headsets or com systems? If so messenger13 pointed me towards a noise isolation device from radio shak. I would have to do some searching to find the model number but not sure if this would solve your problem since it sounds like system worked fine for awhile.

possibly PM messy13 and pick his brain.

Roy
Roy. the system has worked great for 43,000 miles it just started in the last 400 or 500 miles. I had the same headset for over a year.

·
8,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update !!!!!!

Well after 2 and 1/2 month of trial and error I've finally fixed the snap crackle pop in my radio. I've rewired everything to a "SeaBlue" fuse box. cleaned and greased all connections. I've pulled the stingray 3 times with no love. :( I made a call to Tony at LTParts.com and he sent me a newer radio. it was a 2002 modal. Not sure who's bike it was from but I'll find out. Installed it today, total time for for the job was 1 hour and 45 minutes. That is to pull both upper faring, tipover wing , vent wings and stingray. Pull radio apart install new one and reassemble every thing. Went for a short 50 mile ride and the radio worked flawlessly. :dance: THANKS TONY !!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts