BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this is the correct site for my question, I'm new to this site, but do have a question regarding a 99 K12000LT I bought 45 days ago.

My helmet is wired with speakers and a mic.
I find it odd when I plug in the cable to have my jazz play to the helmet, the bike speakers dont cut off ,and when I turn up the control switch under the panel ( which seems to moderate the volume to the helmet speakers ), it also raises the sensitivity level of the mic. This then lets the mic pull in all the road noise and wind directly into the helmet speakers. WAY too much noise !

Now on the Goldwing I just sold, there was a button on the dash to cut off the bike speakers and another to cut out the mic. I wont be using the mic since I usually ride alone.

How do I ( if I can ) cut off the bike speakers and deactivate the mic so I just hear music coming thru the helmet ?

:confused:
Les Tinnin
New to BMW
38 yr rider.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Someone should chime in about the '99. But on my '02, the knob in the oddments box is for intercom volume and mic (vox) sensitivity only and are two separate knobs. Look for a push button in there that will control the external speakers to either on or off. I was never able to get music in my helmet AND external speakers at same time. The volume control on the handlebars controlled music volume in my helmet. I'm talking about an '02 with a BC-3 though.

·
Registered
676 Posts
there should be a switch on the intercom unit to shut off the speakers.

·
Registered
252 Posts
LTINNIN said:
I'm not sure if this is the correct site for my question, I'm new to this site, but do have a question regarding a 99 K12000LT I bought 45 days ago.

My helmet is wired with speakers and a mic.
I find it odd when I plug in the cable to have my jazz play to the helmet, the bike speakers dont cut off ,and when I turn up the control switch under the panel ( which seems to moderate the volume to the helmet speakers ), it also raises the sensitivity level of the mic. This then lets the mic pull in all the road noise and wind directly into the helmet speakers. WAY too much noise !

Now on the Goldwing I just sold, there was a button on the dash to cut off the bike speakers and another to cut out the mic. I wont be using the mic since I usually ride alone.

How do I ( if I can ) cut off the bike speakers and deactivate the mic so I just hear music coming thru the helmet ?

:confused:
Les Tinnin
New to BMW
38 yr rider.

On my 03 AND 09, you need to hit the Music Note button on the radio control (bottom row) and then use the handle bar control to change the external speakers off or on.

Lowell

1 - 4 of 4 Posts