BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how to clean the glass on the radio,so clouded up I can't read the LEDs any more without it being dark out? Is it a hard fix? :confused:

·
Registered
71 Posts
i have read from many that you use denatured alcohol. i have not done this myself but it is claimed to work. i think you could get some at a pharmacy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
off with its head

What tupperware needs to come off (never taken any off!) :confused:

·
Registered
269 Posts
+1 denatured alcohol

namrehwp said:
i have read from many that you use denatured alcohol. i have not done this myself but it is claimed to work. i think you could get some at a pharmacy.
Can get it at Wally World, Home Depot, Lowes, etc. Don't use rubbing alcohol.

Wet a Q-Tip with the alcohol and rub it on the display. Works instantly, like magic.

Be careful not to get the alcohol on the surrounding black plastic. It can slightly discolor the plastic.

·
Registered
269 Posts
RobertNolan said:
What tupperware needs to come off (never taken any off!) :confused:
No tupperware has to come off. Unless you're changing your fuel filter at the same time. ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks

Thanks Ill give it a try! :)

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
After the alhcohol wipe, you should apply carnuba wax. The fog will stay away for a much longer period.

DO NOT use anything but DENATURED ALCOHOL.

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts
I used masking tape around the view window so not to get any of the liquid on the tupperware. Works like a charm!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I use a scratch remover polish GS 27 (as seen on TV) available at Wallmart.
Use Blue Painters tape to protect the black surround.
The thing is, you need to rub vigorously and repeat until satisfactory results are achieved.
Although denatured alcohol works as the others have advised; I don't like using any solvents that might get on other areas that could be damaged.
(Just another tool for the tool box)

·
Premium Member
4,883 Posts
Just rubbed with rough cloth

Mine had a white type of haze that came off with just a simple rubbing with a stiff old towel. I was surprised that it came off that easily. A little still on the edges, but 99% clear. Might have been the exception.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Tilex

I used Tilex (you know that bathroom cleaner) and put clear packaging tape over the lens then used a razor to trim off the excess. Did this over a year ago and have not had a problem since.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
soft scrub

Just a little on my finger did the trick (was going for alcohol had some S scrub under the sink!) Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts