BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Radio works fine but 1: The display does not...
2: CD changer works, but I cannot figure out how to change CDs or play on random...

Please, everyone stop what you are doing and respond, I got real problems here. Just kidding, any info from you K bike pros is welcome on how to operate the changer, and what I need to do for the screen issues...

Gus

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
cant help you with the display, does it not work or is it cloudy? what year is the bike, it makes a difference to the response....

·
Registered
683 Posts
This past weekend, I pulled out my radio system out of the bike and put it in the garage. Now, I have like 3x more space to put more junk where I can easily get to it while riding. I have been using my bluetooth system in my helmet exclusively since I got it. So, no need for the radio. I can take calls, listen to and respond to text messages by voice, listen to music or radio station and I should have rider to rider communication (just haven't tried it out).

Save yourself some time and get a communication system for your helmet.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,914 Posts
Sometimes a hard rest will cure some radio ills. Just undo the battery negative terminal for about 15 minutes, then reconnect. Don't mind the big spark as it is normal rush current. Then turn on the key but do not start. Open and close the throttle three times and shut the key off, then key on and start. See if that does not fix it. Also look at the display very close and see if it appears milky, a little alcohol and water will clear it up. (May want to do this first.)

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Hey all,

Radio works fine but 1: The display does not...
2: CD changer works, but I cannot figure out how to change CDs or play on random...

Please, everyone stop what you are doing and respond, I got real problems here. Just kidding, any info from you K bike pros is welcome on how to operate the changer, and what I need to do for the screen issues...

Gus
Alcohol swab will clear it up, if that's your problem. Also, on my '02LT when I first us the cd changer, I have to push the cd button 2 times to get the player to start.

·
Registered
195 Posts
If you can't say for sure that you were able to see the display clearly in the recent past, then I recommend you try to clean the plastic display window with either an alcohol swab or cloth with some WD40. These plastic windows tend to cloud over due to the plastic degrading over time. You may be able to see the light coming through but the LED numbers don't. I just fixed this same problem for a guy who recently inherited a K1200LT. He thought the radio didn't work until I cleaned the display. Pretty much looked like magic to him.

Good luck

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have power to it and the screen lights up, but no LCD on it, so I will try Alchohol etc and see what happens... Thanks.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I used 2000 grit wet sandpaper to scrape off the Cloudy layer of plastic on my display and then use rubbing compound and then polishing compound and then I covered it with wax and it looks beautiful

·
Registered
343 Posts
Denatured Alcohol and a cotton ball. You can purchase it at your local hardware store. One can will last the lifetime of multiple LTs. I was given the top tip from another LT forum member.

Rob, 2000LT
Navarre, FL

·
Registered
495 Posts
So how would your helmet system work with GMRS, CB, GPS or Radar aural warnings? Just wondering if these things interphase at all?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts