BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The speakers on the right side do not work, front nor rear.. I have adjusted the fader and balance and no help. Everything works perfect in the headsets.. Had all the tupperware and stingray off and wiggled all the connectors I could see but not a sound. Any ideas appreciated.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,411 Posts
Most likely an amplifier chip is gone. The intercom gets its signal ahead of the speaker amps.

PM "Baris", he is over in the UK but has a great fix for this.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume that would mean that the entire unit needs to be replaced?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,411 Posts
knoticalone said:
I assume that would mean that the entire unit needs to be replaced?
Or repaired. This guy in the UK gets $100 and then just about anyone can fix it later if it ever fails (may never now). Or you can get Becker to fix it for $300-400.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Do you have contact info?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,411 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. I will search the Atlanta area for a repair shop and if not I guess I will be sending it overseas. May have to wait for winter or if I can find a second one to trade it out with until mine gets back.

·
Registered
241 Posts
knoticalone said:
Thanks for the info. I will search the Atlanta area for a repair shop and if not I guess I will be sending it overseas. May have to wait for winter or if I can find a second one to trade it out with until mine gets back.
I have one that I just replaced that you're welcome to have, just pay shipping! PM me if you're interested!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts