BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I let the LT sit too long and the 16 month old batt went dead. Checked the electrolyte level, charged it up, everything's ok so far. Now the bike starts, but the radio is dead. The secondary fuse under the seat is ok, the CD changer has power, which makes me think I'll be having to remove the stingray to get to the fuse at the back of the deck.

Does anyone think I can remove the left panel just to get at this fuse?

Thanks

·
Registered
654 Posts
You should try disconnecting the battery and leave it disconnected for 30 minutes or so. Make sure the ignition is in the "locked" position before disconnecting the battery.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot to mention that step. I disconnected the negative for at least 2 hours. No change.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,254 Posts
To get to the radio fuse (10 amp in the rear)requires removal of both sides as well as the stingray and dissassembly of the radio housing.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Why would the fuse blow?

jzeiler said:
To get to the radio fuse (10 amp in the rear)requires removal of both sides as well as the stingray and dissassembly of the radio housing.
As John said, there is a fair bit of mucking around to get to the fuse... So before doing so, might be worth while considering all of the possible causes. And begs the question as to why the fuse would blow if the bike has just been left with the power draining out from the battery... Is there absolutely no power to the radio evident? Any hissing in the speakers etc?

If you haven't pulled the stingray before and been into the radio...let us know here and I'm sure we can talk you through it...

Good luck...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts