BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for being lazy. Did not have energy to scroll through all gazillion radio-problem threads. Quick question: What are the fuses needed to be taken off to disconnect radio from "all energy" without disconnecting battery?

Today I experienced (second time in 5 years) a situation where radio would not shut off! It just kept playing after turning the bike / power off. It did not react to any remote controls and the LCD was completely blank. So something had happened during my ride. I removed the radio fuse but no help, just kept playing. I did not have curiosity enough to disconnect all fuses to see what are needed to shut the bloody thing off. So I disconnected the negative battery terminal and now everything works again as it should.....

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the answer. Yes I am aware of that fuse. Still I tend to believe the radio unit is fed / protected by "bike-fuses" - obviously one for the switched power and other (unknown) for continuous. Or if not what would be the fuse blowing if the feeding cord would be short-circuited...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.