BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my new to me 2003 LT in Oregon and rode it back to my home in Illinois. About halfway through the ride the radio started fading out. First just the left channel then it went completely dead. When I stopped that night and turned the bike off I noticed that I have sound when I put the key in Accessory position but not when the key is ON for running. It sounds fine in Accessory so all of the components must be good. It appears to be just the power amp because the display and all the controls (except volume of course) work fine.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Make sure that the speaker/helmet switch located in the stingray is in the correct position.

·
Registered
498 Posts
All of your questions should be answered IN THIS PREVIOUS POST . This site has more information than a group of sunday hens, more opinions than an arena full of first year med students, and more advice than "Dear Abby's" Grandmama.
I would bet that ninety percent of the issues that you will come across, can be resolved through the "search" function and the Hall Of Wisdom on this site.

If you have not already, please support the site HERE

Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
149 Posts
While in the process of replacing a clutch and subsequent seals I had the same problem show up on my bike. One connector in the radio harness has been replaced with 6 butt connectors, which I thought would be the problem and may still be. I found that when I move the harness around while in the run position the sound would drop and return..took the harness out and tried to locate the problem with no luck. What I did do was reroute the harness to change the bind on it and it's working perfectly now.. While not a permanent fix, it works at the moment and I've purchased a used radio harness, but still have to find a replacement for the broken/butt connected wires...as long as it works I'll probably leave it alone, lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts