BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 1 1/2 weeks at Becker, the radio for my 2003 K1200LT is finally back. Now I have to put her back together again...... Are there any printed procedures or links that will guide me through this???? I don't want to mess this up now.

· Registered
1,093 Posts
Good luck Milton. Sorry I can't help you, but all I remember about when I got into mine, some years ago, was that doing the weep hole procedure was a lot easier :(

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I'm almost there, but there is what looks to be a ground wire (very small hole) coming from the rear of the comm system that does not have a home. Would you happen to know where that goes?

· Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,391 Posts
If it is a brown wire then it would be a ground. I have no reference data on the comm system but it wouldn't hurt to find a small screw on the radio itself to hook it to. I checked the wiring diagram and it shows one brown wire from the intercomm to a tie point with other brown wires. Just not sure where that physically is. Guess you don't remember where it came of off.

I like to take digital picures of things llike this BEFOREI take them apart as I find it is much better than my memory. Saved my bacon in the Throttle Body area during my clutch job as there was a lot of "stuff" that needed to be hooked back up and dressed properly to fit.

· Registered
180 Posts
joh0665 said:
After 1 1/2 weeks at Becker, the radio for my 2003 K1200LT is finally back. Now I have to put her back together again...... Are there any printed procedures or links that will guide me through this???? I don't want to mess this up now.

Has this been completed and has the radio worked as planned, wondering if Becker replaces with a better board and/or amp. ?????

· Registered
180 Posts
joh0665 said:
It's back together. So far so good. Sounds good too

Sent my 05 radio to them after seeing this thread and 8 days later it's back and sounds ok again. They called for payment and told me it was repaired and ready to ship and then told me how much, $400 for the radio, $50 for the aux jack that I never asked for and $16 for shipping.

If you send your radio to them be clear in your note to them if you don't want the aux jack, otherwise it's $50 bucks for something you don't need if you have the intercom. I also heard this aux jack is mono and not stereo from another site.

Overall I'm happy, service was fast, a bit expensive though.

· Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,391 Posts
STEBS said:
If you send your radio to them be clear in your note to them if you don't want the aux jack, otherwise it's $50 bucks for something you don't need if you have the intercom. I also heard this aux jack is mono and not stereo from another site.

Overall I'm happy, service was fast, a bit expensive though.
You may find a buyer here for the AUX cable since it plugs into the same port on your radio as the intercom. It should be a stereo cable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.