BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The previous owner of my LT didn't like the way the radio antenna looked on the bike so he took it off and threw it away(so he says). I can pick up several stations without the antenna but they are in and out. Does anyone use a different antenna other than the original? The original looks fine to me just a little on the pricey side. I would like to have a hidden one that that works fairly well. Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,622 Posts
The previous owner of my LT didn't like the way the radio antenna looked on the bike so he took it off and threw it away(so he says). I can pick up several stations without the antenna but they are in and out. Does anyone use a different antenna other than the original? The original looks fine to me just a little on the pricey side. I would like to have a hidden one that that works fairly well. Thanks
Sorry that you bought your LT from an idiot. Do you need just the antenna mast? Or the entire antenna including cable and mount?

I use my stock AM/FM antenna and CB antennas and they work fine. My CB range is not great (lack of good ground plane most likely) so I bought a SS mast from a truck stop and tried that as it was a little longer thsn stock. I still could not get a really low SWR and it now stands in the corner of my garage as the black stock antennas look nicer. If you will pay shipping, I will send it to you if a mast is all you need. I assume UPS will carry an antenna. Never tried to send something this shape before,

·
Registered
500 Posts
My antenna rod snapped. If you have some rods for sale, let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
323 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not exactly sure what all I need. The cable is there. All that I can see that is associated with the antenna is a small plate with two holes for mounting what I assume would be a mounting bracket with an antenna attached to it. Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,622 Posts
I'm not exactly sure what all I need. The cable is there. All that I can see that is associated with the antenna is a small plate with two holes for mounting what I assume would be a mounting bracket with an antenna attached to it. Thanks
A picture would help greatly.

:smile:

·
Registered
165 Posts
I am going all digital with my radio and Ipod. I just pulled off the antenna bracket and rod but I snipped the antenna wire at the end of bike. Also, there is one stripped screw on bottom of antenna bracket that I had to work around. If you are interested, I will ship it for $40 and $10 shipping.

Just PM me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts