BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have another question. I don't have the Supplementary Rider's Manual but I did download a pdf version of the communication system manual but my control system is not what is pictured. I also searched this site but came up short so here it goes...

My new to me '99 came to me with the radio and comm system removed so this weekend I reinstalled the system. The radio, cassette player, 6 CD player (in trunk), and intercom system work great. The problem is that the onboard speakers work even when the intercom is connected...meaning I hear music from the speakers and my J&M headset This doesn't seem correct. Is this the way the system operates?

Lastly, while I found the com system manual online, I can't find the Supplementary Rider's Manual anywhere. Can someone point me in the right direction? I would like to know what all of the controls do (e.g. to change the speed sensor setting - it is set too aggressive). Thanks. -Roy

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Yes, this is correct operation for you year model LT. Plugging in headsets does not kill the speakers.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Do you have BC1 or a BMW Comm System 1 made by J&M. If it is the latter there is a button on the intercom when pressed in switches from Speakers to intercom. When the ignition is on. Otherwise the speakers are continuous.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BBlack1045 said:
Do you have BC1 or a BMW Comm System 1 made by J&M. If it is the latter there is a button on the intercom when pressed in switches from Speakers to intercom. When the ignition is on. Otherwise the speakers are continuous.
I'm not sure about the system but I don't have the button, just input jacks, a rheostat type intercom volume control, and a toggle switch. As pointed out above -- I can't turn the speakers off on my bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts