BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All trying to locate the aerial connection without having to strip the tipper were off ... So how do you do a simple thing like install a new aerial connection to the head unit ?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi All trying to locate the aerial connection without having to strip the tipper were off ... So how do you do a simple thing like install a new aerial connection to the head unit ?
The female end of the antenna connection from the radio is under the left side of the "fake tank" body panel. You can just remove the left front body panel to connect a new male end. I think you will have to loosen the side panel to get the front panel off. Definitely have to remove the tipover guard and possibly the tipover bar.

Someone will correct me if i forgot something.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
You should be able to get to the motorola plug from aerial to HU by removing left side upper tupperware.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great thanks guys .... I have done a temp job using a T aerial with a built in amp and it sits inside the lid of the top box works a treat BBC Radio 2 works a treat and I found in the good old USA a aerial mount and cable for £42.oo delivered to my door in the UK. so result. Now I have issues ... still round 3 Smoking when started, but I have been leaving it on the side stand since getting the bike but put it on the main stand tonight. did read that would cure it. and alternator chatter so it needs adjustment and the gear change so left side tupperware off! and a full clean and degrees and a light spray of wax oil .... got the rear damper to adjust and the rear feels better just the front to adjust now. Front forks seem to chatter over lumpy surfaces and the damper might help that with adjustment.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Front forks seem to chatter over lumpy surfaces and the damper might help that with adjustment.
Unless it is some aftermarket unit, there is no adjustment for the stock front.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a rod poking out of a piston with what looks like and adjuster cut in the end ? that will fit a flat blade screwdriver or a coin.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,251 Posts
That is the steering damper and that is not an adjustment screw but a cap to drain the oil in it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts