BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi - well my new 2 me LT- the rear speakers work when I start the audio system (only 1) will work with the CD and Radio - until i make a change (switch to another function) then it stops - is it worth it to repair the radio or just replace it -
do earlier units have the same harness???
has anyone done a total replacement to a better (aftermarket system) and still have all the controls still work???

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
hi - well my new 2 me LT- the rear speakers work when I start the audio system (only 1) will work with the CD and Radio - until i make a change (switch to another function) then it stops - is it worth it to repair the radio or just replace it -
do earlier units have the same harness???
has anyone done a total replacement to a better (aftermarket system) and still have all the controls still work???

Thanks in advance
Do a thorough search of the forum. There are several threads about aftermarket replacements. Not sure if he's still going, but there was a gentleman on the east side of the Atlantic that was repairing and modifying the LT units you'll find that info in a couple different threads as well. You could also likely find a used unit for sale on eBay. I think most of the guys that have had issues with the stock radio have just gone to using an Mp3 player of some sort.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Carphonics in the UK. His name is Baris. He can repair & modify factory unit. Add output options. Or several aftermarket options are here in detail.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts

Thanks in advance
Yes there have been a number of folks that have replaced the radio and add a resistor network the will allow the use of the handle bars controls. However you will not be able the controls on the stingray. The details for replacing are very detailed, try a search for radio repair. If you get stuck lets us know and someone will find then posts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts