BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again, I have another question. I'm following the Clymer manual for the clutch replacement procedure and in step 19 is calling for removal of the radiator. On the other other hand I see from some pictures posted from others that the radiator is still connected while the transmission has been removed as you can see from the attached pictures. So my question is, is it necesary to remove the radiator? Also the Clymer manual calls for starter and alternator removal in step 24 and 25. Are they also necesary to be removed?

Thanks,

Eno

Attachments

·
Registered
773 Posts
Eno

The radiators do not have to be removed butthey have to be unclipped at the bottom so there is a bit of play available when the frame / engine moves. The starter and alternator do not have to be removed but the wires do need to be disconnected.

Regards

·
Registered
910 Posts
That is the most naked I have ever seen of the girl... wow
NIce setup too!

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
In the second picture you posted the starter is on the BG, it comes off with the GB removal, IIRC, one bolt to take it of the GB if you are inclined to do so. (Not needed) Make sure that you find the balance marks on the three new clutch pieces prior to getting them back together.

How deep are you, honey? I can't see from here!!!! :D :D :D :histerica

The clymer is good, but confusing. DO you have the repair (BMW) manual. Help me out allot..

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,249 Posts
One word of caution if you do remove the single bolt holding the starter to the gear box, make sure it is very tight before you put it all back together as that is the only thing that ensures the starter is grounded well. It has o-rings on each end and does not make good electrical contact in either hole, thus the grounding bolt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts