BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I going to replace the radiator hoses and after seeing guys using the AS3 brand and one from China on ebay for 60.00 . What are your thoughts on the one from China it is 40.00 bucks less , has anybody had problems with these? I will pay more for better hoses but if they are similar in quality I will go the China ones. Thanks for your input

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
I going to replace the radiator hoses and after seeing guys using the AS3 brand and one from China on ebay for 60.00 . What are your thoughts on the one from China it is 40.00 bucks less , has anybody had problems with these? I will pay more for better hoses but if they are similar in quality I will go the China ones. Thanks for your input
I got the AS3 and although I am no expert, I think they are of good quality. The ones from China look similar in pictures but no telling on how they both compare without having them both in your hand. They may be the same MFG for the AS3 and undercutting on a back sell. Add a Logo and it can be made by you :)

·
Registered
537 Posts
I went ahead and got the OEM from BMW, and whined the whole time I paid. Since it took so much to get TO the radiators (which I replaced) and the rest of the hoses, it seemed the best thing to do. I figure that many hours of my time-I don't want to go through that again.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I took my first test drive after getting my bike back together from some deep-state maint, lol. I got the silicone hoses off ebay and have to say they seem very robust, went on pretty easily and after ten or fifteen miles did not seem soft at all. The fact they are BRIGHT BLUE and I had the lower fairing off didn't even elicit too much finger pointing, lol. I hope never to have to change them in my remaining years of useful riding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts