BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 K1200LT and will be doing a radiator flush and fill. I have watched and read how it id done however, I am wondering if anyone has done a vacuum fill. I have the tools and was thinking of using it fill the system. Looking to see if anyone had some input. :serious:

·
Premium Member
7,623 Posts
I have a 2002 K1200LT and will be doing a radiator flush and fill. I have watched and read how it id done however, I am wondering if anyone has done a vacuum fill. I have the tools and was thinking of using it fill the system. Looking to see if anyone had some input. :serious:
I can’t think of a reason that would not work, but it is completely unnecessary on the LT. Mine is easy to fill. They key is to fill it fairly slowly. You may have to massage the upper radiator hose, but I have found that largely unnecessary if you fill slowly as you get near the full point.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,257 Posts
My last five fills have been "slow" and no need to burp a hose. I always measure the amount (2.5 liters) and pour that into the radiator slowly and it all goes in right to the top of the filler neck.

Reactions: Voyager
1 - 3 of 3 Posts