BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to RA Rally, Al and I are saving a few RV spaces for camping.
Below is a couple of posts from old site... FYI

Don posted:
Talked with Al (Ranger 6), we are going to try and camp in the same area, sorta a LT Group camping area, just as you go in the main gate, look for us on the right side, (full hook up side) I will be in White toy hauler, (looks like horse trailer) Double D brand, gooseneck with maroon Ford F-250 nearby. Al don't think there will be a problem with putting several tent sites in a couple of the RV site, as per his conversation with folks up there. He is claiming the space Tuesday and I plan on arriving Wednesday.. So look us up and join the party..

AL posted:
I just got back from taking a look at the place, and the sites are farily large with plenty of space to park bikes, vehicles, etc. and set up tents and/or RV's, unlike like the average KOA type campsite. I will attempt to secure two sites side by side on Tuesday, but if there are any more RV's coming I don't know about and you want to set up in the same area, either post here or PM me and I'll try to secure another site. Thing is, this whole deal is not as spread out as Lima was, so everything is pretty convenient to get to and you don't have to walk a freaking mile to get to the action.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Hey Don we will be at the RA rally, not vending this time, i got tied up in FL again.

LMK where you will be, I should get there thursday sometime

Tom

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will be looking for you, As you enter the front gate we'll be in the RV parking area, AL is reserving a couple of spaces, I bringing my Toy Hauler and Al is setting up his tent, Look for us, several of us are camping in that area.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
There will be no fighting between the Don and Al. Al, I hope your tent is ORANGE!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Tent's not Orange, but...

I've got enough stuff from Vols.com displayed to make no mistake who you're dealing with here. :)

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't get that excited anymore about Bama Football.

pkpr1998 said:
There will be no fighting between the Don and Al. Al, I hope your tent is ORANGE!
Years ago, I was a true, crimson wearing, had the offical BAMA horns on my RV, Alabama Roll Tide Roll football fan...had the privilege to attend many games and followed the Tide and loved it. Now a funny true story... In 1982 (?) I was in Knoxville the third Saturday in October, We had a new coach, Ray Perkins, the "Bear" had died. Bama was on a roll winning over Tennessee, 11 or 12 straight wins (?)... Sell out crowd and BAMA Lost, needless to say, the Vol fans when wild, our group head back to the RV and sitting around watching the Tennessee fans celebrate and "taking it" all of a sudden a Kid waving a Tennessee banner ran in the middle of our group, knock over our table, and was shouting Go Vols, we beat BAMA, we showed you and so on....:mad: Then his father grapped him, told us he was sorry and said, " I am so sorry, he has never seen or heard of a Tennessee team beating Alabama";)

The rest of the story, For the next years, with Bama troubles with coaches, I soon realized that I was a "Bear Byrant fan" and not a true Bama fan, my wife attended Auburn, I send my son to Alabama, he transferred to Auburn and loved it. So if Bama is playing...I will watch if in from of TV and get excited, I pull for any SEC team, including Auburn.

Next time I see you ask about my favorite "Bear Byrant story" true story...

·
Registered
740 Posts
Good story, Don. I've always said, "it's only football after all", but some rabid fans don't appreciate the relevance of a statement like that. Especially in the SEC, for some reason. I do enjoy the fever though, especially when your team's winning, but disappointment can be waiting just around the corner for you too, in which case, "it's only football after all." :)

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Calendar and other features...

Thanks Jeff, I saw this morning that you added the RA Rally and We got the Return to IronHorse, LTs in the Smokies on the calendar as well..

Getting familiar with the NEW and IMPROVED site, really like the features.

Like the HOME page as well, I noticed that in the users on line that if you have one listed on as Buddy, they show up with a + next to name...

Like the feature that NEW POSTS list all the post since your last visit.

Chat room ...have tried it and worked great, Can you see if there are others in Chat room without logging in to Chat?

Thanks again...

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
RA rally report

Saw Don Norwood there, and several other LTers. Didn't see Tom 'tmgs'. Had an all-day wet ride out there on Thurs. from Greenville, SC. Once again, the LT proved its worth: we had several folks from the Greenville SC area in attendance, all experienced riders, all with what most of us would call 'good' wet weather riding gear, and Sharon and I on the LT (the only LT in the group) were the only ones who stayed totally dry.

My riding buddy, Jim, was on his BMW Rockster boxster (sounds cool!). At a gas stop (we had both filled up at the previous gas stop), Sharon noticed that we on the LT took less gas than he did on the Boxster. Mileage for the trip was down, however - from 55 mpg to 51 mpg. Possible causes are rain, cooler weather, some 80 miles of Interstate (ugh!) high speed riding.

Nice rally. Did zero local riding in the Shelbyville area. Did the Jack Daniels tour, on which we and Don Norwood had the misfortune to be on the last tour bus with a resulting late 3 pm lunch. Washed it down with Jack Daniels on the rocks, so that made it a bit better. Total attendance was estimated at 1,300. The RA is really much smaller than the MOA - the regional Finger Lakes Rally has this many folks in attendance.

Nice ride home on Sunday - cloudy, cool, just a bit of mist on the windshield for a few minutes - otherwise, a dry ride with Gerbings jackets plugged in for part of the ride.

Please correct any blunders in the following: next year's BMWRA rally will be in Boise, Idaho, and will be a mid-summer rally.

- Bob

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
bob_menton said:
Saw Don Norwood there, and several other LTers. Didn't see Tom 'tmgs'.
- Bob

I was there, sorry I missed ya!

Tom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts