BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the pouch that attaches to the lid of the touring topcase (PN 77 41 8520303 ) for around $125.
No dimensions were given online on Bob's BMW but if it is big enough I was thinking it'd make a nice laptop bag as well as hold the bike registration and other papers out of the way.

I also wasn't sure if a full face helmet (or 2) would fit in the topcase with it installed.

My notebook PC is 15" W x 10.25" D x 3/8" Thick so it's not very big. If it will fit I may order it before I fly out to pick up my bike so I don't have to carry another laptop case with me.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a Schuberth C3 Pro size large and it is narrower than most modular helmets. It just fits inside my 49 LT top case. If I was to add any size bag to the lid of the top case, my helmet would not fit. Just saying

·
Registered
2019 R1250RT
15 Posts
my Shoei neotechs would not fit with anything in the lid, let alone if it had something inside said pouch

i have a small laptop bag that goes in the top case while riding, and comes with me when I leave the bike. Can get both bag and helmet in side by side too

·
Premium Member
2020 R1250RT Alpine White
172 Posts
My JVC large size wouldn't fit with anything either above or below it - probably only has 1/4"-3/8" available vertically and must be oriented just right to close the lid at all. My laptop bag is very thin but it rides in the side pannier on trips.

Larry

·
Registered
2015 R1200RT
290 Posts
I have that BMW bag and full face helmet will deffinetly not fit with the bag in there. I would think your laptop would fit though. I like having the bag and find it very usefull.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Has anyone used the pouch that attaches to the lid of the touring topcase (PN 77 41 8520303 ) for around $125.
No dimensions were given online on Bob's BMW but if it is big enough I was thinking it'd make a nice laptop bag as well as hold the bike registration and other papers out of the way.

I also wasn't sure if a full face helmet (or 2) would fit in the topcase with it installed.

My notebook PC is 15" W x 10.25" D x 3/8" Thick so it's not very big. If it will fit I may order it before I fly out to pick up my bike so I don't have to carry another laptop case with me.

Thanks in advance,
Your notebook will not fit. Inner dimensions are barely 15" wide, but the height when zipped is only 9.25". but if you want the touring case bag, which doubles as a briefcase, I have one I would sell for $80 shipped in the US. I bought it and removed it when I found I could not close the topcase with a full face helmet and the touring bag installed. Includes the attachment hardware.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts