BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 BMW R1250RT
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Love the bike! Beautiful roads. Reminds me of some of the rural roads in central Florida. Where are these roads located?
Hello there - these roads are located in the state of Victoria, Australia.

Map Font Rectangle Parallel Slope

·
Registered
2022 Triple Black R1250rt. Previously 2009rt, 2011K1600, 2017RT, 2019RT
272 Posts
Great bike. I have the same 3Black since Dec 2021. Already have 20000kms.
I painted the shiny reflective silver bits on the speakers with rubberised black paint. Blends well with the blacks.
Also considering the tinted Werks screen.
I also had a previous top box from last bike that I painted the dark grey colour then. Also blends well.
Every trip I am amazed how good it tours.
Just got back from a 2000km ride over 4 days through NSW. Longest day was 600kms. Get off feeling like I could go again.
Recently did 2500kms down through alpine region. Jindabyne to Tallangatta to Omeo and up through Falls creek to Beechworth is an awesome ride. Stayed at Beechworth a couple of nights.
You have some great roads down there.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
2021 R1250RT
39 Posts
That is a beautiful part of Australia you are in! I visited Melbourne when my son was doing his PhD at LaTrobe University on platypus genetics. We took a side trip to Sidney as well. I would love to ride my bike in Australia. You have a great bike! The triple black looks super!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just returned from a little shakedown ride on the 2022 R1250RT. 3,246 miles in 6 days with temps from 99 degrees to 22 degrees. A ride over Beartooth Pass and through Yellowstone, the whole way in the rain that later washed out roads in the area. Over all, A FANTASTIC ride!!! This is my replacement for my 2005 R12009RT that I had put 182,767 miles on. The only things I really miss from the 2005 are where the side stand was (just behind the footpeg vs in front of the footpeg) and the old turn signal system.

Tire Glasses Wheel Cloud Helmet

The rain just beginning to let up.

IMG_5338.JPG
Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Vehicle

Grand Teton National Park
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Sky Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2022 BMW R1250RT
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great bike. I have the same 3Black since Dec 2021. Already have 20000kms.
I painted the shiny reflective silver bits on the speakers with rubberised black paint. Blends well with the blacks.
Also considering the tinted Werks screen.
I also had a previous top box from last bike that I painted the dark grey colour then. Also blends well.
Every trip I am amazed how good it tours.
Just got back from a 2000km ride over 4 days through NSW. Longest day was 600kms. Get off feeling like I could go again.
Recently did 2500kms down through alpine region. Jindabyne to Tallangatta to Omeo and up through Falls creek to Beechworth is an awesome ride. Stayed at Beechworth a couple of nights.
You have some great roads down there.
Enjoy.
Your bike looks tremendous!
I am off on a 4 day ride this Friday - just over 2,000 km via Mildura, Hahndorf and Hamilton. Cannot wait to go!

·
Premium Member
2022 BMW R1250RT
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is a beautiful part of Australia you are in! I visited Melbourne when my son was doing his PhD at LaTrobe University on platypus genetics. We took a side trip to Sidney as well. I would love to ride my bike in Australia. You have a great bike! The triple black looks super!
Thank you for your kind words - and let me know if you are coming Down Under again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts