BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 5K on my new R1200ST. I have had both a '02 K1200RS and a '05 K1200LT. BMW hit a home run with the R1200ST. I have slightly better performance than the RS. Way better gas mileage and not near the weight of the LT. It has real full size bags that I can take off. You can put a huge tank bag on this bike and not hit the horn button on short left turns in the parking lot. The two H4 bulbs on the front light up the road pretty good. Not as good as the HID on my LT though. This is a great bike and it is just fun to ride.

Douglas

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Douglas,
Good to have an ST rider on the board. IF you can post a picture of ride in the Welcome thread at the top of the R-forum.

thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
My wife bought an ST in March, Man do we ever love the bike, I still love my K12RS for longer distance but the ST sure is fun in the tight stuff. Fits my wife perfectly and she doesn't get left too far behind now when I go play on mine.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Always liked the ST. Didn't see it listed on the BMW Site today. Has it been discontinued? Hope not. Enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Buh Bye ST

Yep, BMW has discontinued the R1200ST; there will be no '08 models.
There is a rumor that the bike will be reincarnated with a new fairing but I don't think that'll happen.

I love mine and am glad I bought it when I did.

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
TonyT607 said:
There is a rumor that the bike will be reincarnated with a new fairing but I don't think that'll happen.
I've already seen a pic of the new bike. It will be badged the R1200RS. It's basically an ST with the front fairing off the new K1200R-Sport. Has a partial lower like the older R1150RS...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I looked at them real hard this year when I bought my R12R. I think they are a great looking bike. I probably would have bought one (an '05 in red and black with 6xx miles on it) but my wife drug her feet on authorizing the expebditure and it sold before I could get it. I thought the red and black was the color until I went to Chicago BMW and they had a customers special order '07 sitting on the floor in all black :yeah: Who knows maybe one day I'll get one, glad you like yours, ride safe

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ted Shred said:
I've already seen a pic of the new bike. It will be badged the R1200RS. It's basically an ST with the front fairing off the new K1200R-Sport. Has a partial lower like the older R1150RS...
Can you post a picture?
Heres mine..

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have one too and love it! I even wrote an article about in for the BMW Owners' News Magazine when I first got it. I have the blue and black version....

Lisa

1 - 11 of 11 Posts