BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear forum,
Just got my new RT. While trying to connect USB / Ipod - pressing the SRC button and looking for those resources shows nothing.
I keep getting the message: "NO USB" "NO IPOD" - anyone can advise?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi , do you have the specific bmw cable to connect the ipod ? If not then you need one or copy all the songs onto a memory stick and then it works.

Of course if you have the bmw cable then I'm no help whatsoever :)

Stu

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Stu,
No, I was not told by the dealer I need a special BMW cable. I tried to connect Ipod via the regular Apple USB white cable. Anyway, I tried also songs copied to a standard 8Gb disk on key - and got the message "NO USB" in spite the red light on the disk on key was blinking.
Gabi.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Gabi,
take a look in the Audio manual page42 and it mentions it in passing. It looks like the old mk1 ipod connector cable that needs both usb and aux in plug combined into one cable. Most vehicles are now onto just the usb cable. Cable is costing me £40......or plug the usb cable in and plug in a 3.5mm jack plug cable too. Might work.

As for the usb stick manual says you have to them in fat 16 or 32 format.

HTH , picking my cable up tomorrow so will post a pic if you want.

Stu

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh...That may help. My disk on key is NTFS so I will format it to FAT and try. (4Gb limit though)
Ipod is less important for me so I will make efforts for the disk on key.
Thanks so much - I will update if I sorted it out.

·
Registered
112 Posts
And be sure to observe this requirement:

"The audio system scans the media
storage device for tracks encoded
as MP3s."

No other format is recognized.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stu,
B.T.W - I did not get the audio manual. I have only the user & service manual. Sorry to say the local dealer here is quiet useless. Any chance you have it in a soft copy or a link to download it?
Thanks in advance.
my mail is: [email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts