BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I was wondering if anyone had tried splicing in and installing a second mute button near the rear accessory socket location. If this were successfully accomplished, your passenger could interrupt the radio playback or the stock communications system and initiate a conversation.

At this time my wife and I have Schuberh C3 helmets with the BMW communication system. So far, we have no complaints except that, in order to talk, I have to "mute" the radio before we talk. If my wife wants to start the conversation, she taps me on the shoulder to let me know.

A relatively simple solution would be to install a second "mute" button on the back end of the bike.

Ideas?

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
72 Posts
It shouldn't be difficult, although not to familiar with the BMW factory system. I would look at Autocom if you haven't already. You would be replacing your current system but may be well worth the cost for the vox capabilities, as well as other features.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.