BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted the following message over at the BMW sport touring forum and thought I post it here to see if I gain any insight:

I've searched the posts, but I can't find a definitive answer. I just picked up a 2007 R1200RT and I had added the following mirrors:

http://www.sierrabmwonline.com/product_info.php?products_id=2514

I remembered how much I hated the integrated mirrors on my '03 K1200LT, so I added the above mirrors to help with the abysmal BMW stock mirrors.

Now I've added a Ztechnic windshield and at near full lock the handle bars bang into the new mirrors.

Are there any mirrors that will fit in the empty mirror holes on the handle bar that won't bang into the windshield?

I'd appreciate links to whom ever sells such mirrors.

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a 2011 R1200RT and was not happy with the stock mirrors.
I bought the mounting brackets from A&S Cycles and installed a set of Aprilia Tuono mirrors that I had used on my 650 V-Strom.
They look just like BMW mirrors used on other models and there is no interference at full lock, either with the stock screen or with the CalSci screen I currently have installed.
I am not familiar with the Ztechnik Screen but I would think it is close to the size of the CalSci.
Check the A&S cycle website and search for R1200RT mirrors.
ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID-76241.
The A&S website also has online "Parts Advisors" that are available and easy to access. They would be able to advise if the parts they have will work on your model year.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the help.

I did the chat thing with A&S and they said those mirrors won't work on a '07 model.

They also said that they heard that these mirrors cause interference with the Ztechnik screen as well:

http://ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=1792

I was hoping someone would have an idea about some after market non BMW type mirror that would fit in the empty handle bar mirror holes that would work with my screen, but I may just be out of luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts