BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,189 Posts
Check and see if the rubber expanding is rubbing at the top of the grip. You can try and adjust the grips away from where it is rubbing or use it as a cruse control..... :p

· Premium Member
1,066 Posts
noelie said:
When i switch on the heated grips the throttle gets stuck open has to be forced closed.Any idea what the problem could be.Thanks Noelie
This is a common problem if you have a ThrottleMeister on the bike. If you do, then you'll need to loosen the adjustment of the ThrottleMeister so it isn't so close to the grip, then later, when you don't need the heat any more for summer use, you'll have to re-adjust it back to work properly.

I had one on my R1100RSL and dumped it for exactly that reason. However, it was worse here in NM because we get enough hot days that even in the summer, the sun caused expansion. Back then, a couple of us discussed this problem with the guy the came up with ThrottleMeister and he was unable to be convenced he had a problem. Go figure.

If that's not the issue, AMARider is on the money, the grip is probably too close to the mount or there may be too much pressure now on the bar end weights. Loosen and slip them out a smidge and you should be fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.