BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of the South Central folks know Sammie & I have 5 Adopted Grandkids. They are the kids of our next door neighbor that we have helped raise for the last 15 years. They have always call us their grand patents .Well last Friday the moms Dad (Their real Granddad) Past away. Jim was also a good friend to Sammie & I. Every time we are in Albuquerque NM we stay with Jim & his wife Tina. So here Sammie & I set this morning in Albuquerque again, this time not to visit with our long time friend but to Celebrate his life & morn his passing.
GOD SPEED my friend you will be missed.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Our prayers are with you Steve/Sammie. I know how much you loved Jim. One less really good person around now.

dan

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,460 Posts
Condolences to all in the family, Steve. You and Sammie are truly blessed to be on the sharing side of that family, and they are truly blessed to have both of you in their lives.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Steve and Sammie, thinking of you during this time.

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Deepest condolences, Steve & Sammie. Your care for Jim & his family is a testament of how he touched your lives. You were truly blessed by his friendship as he was truly blessed by yours. Prayers for all and safe travels.

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone, It was a very uplifting service as everyone focused on what Jim had done to touch everyones life & not his passing. On a side note I beat my best time getting there. It was set last year on the bike ... 705 miles in 12 hours 7 minutes. That is 4 fuel stops & 1 extra water removal break. :D This time in Sammies Jetta , 698 miles 11 hours 43 minutes. That includes stopping for breakfast for 30 minutes & 1 gas stop. It is sure nice getting 450 miles to a tank instead of 250 miles per tank. :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts