BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I'm reading the threads here, and I see a post about a strange radio issue. I think to myself, gee I wonder if it is the same as mine. As luck would have it, it's not!

Frequently, but not regularly, my radio will not turn off. I press the power button and the display disappears, but the radio keeps playing. I can't change the station or adjust the volume. Nothing I do will turn it off. Even turning the ignition off and then back on. Then mysteriously, it just turns off.

I sure didn't find anything in the HOW or FAQs when I searched for "radio won't turn off". Anyone else have an issue like this??

·
Registered
35 Posts
Gidday Scott,
It sounds as though someones tinkered with the sound system.
Have you had the bike from new?
The radio has a mechanism which allows you to listen to it after you've switched her off.
This will turn the radio off after tow hours of play to avoid running your battery flat.
We often listen to our own music through the speakers while setting up camp, then they will turn off.
Your issues sound a little strange, to say the least.
Regards,
Bruce
West Australia

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,946 Posts
Try a read through this (at least the second half for the 99-04 radios) and see if you don't have a mismatch on the software versions between controller and radio. You may have to disconnect the battery for 20 minutes to get the radio off the first time.

Radio SW version check

1 - 3 of 3 Posts